Access My iCloud on iPhone and iPad: iCloud is the cloud storage and computing service made available to all the Apple users which can be used across all the Apple devices such as iPad, Macbook, iPhone, etc. So if you have purchased any Apple device and wondering How to access iCloud, then you can read this guide here. There are multiple ways of accessing your iCloud account so here we shall be discussing the various ways of accessing your iCloud account using various devices.
- iCloud for Android
- iCloud for Business
- How to create iCloud Account
- iCloud family sharing
- How to access iCloud
- How to access iCloud from Macbook
- How to access contacts through iCloud
- How to reset iCloud Password
- How to reset iCloud Account
- How to upload files to iCloud drive
- How To create apple id for child
iCloud offers a variety of services to its users, such as synchronization of calendars, contacts, photos, and lots more. So you can always carry and have access to all your important documents on devices such as iPhone, iPad, Macbook, and Windows PC. Whenever you set up a new iPad or iPhone, there is an option of setting up of iCloud account and back up your phone’s data in it. Once you have set up your iCloud account, you can sign in to it using any Apple device such as iPhone, Macbook, or your Windows PC.
So if you don’t want to miss out on any of the online services which the iCloud provides and share all your data easily with anyone easily and do much more, then read this guide about accessing your iCloud account from various devices such as iPhone, Mac and more.
How To Access iCloud on iPhone & iPad
Having an iCloud account on your iPhone can provide you with a host of services, such as:
- Finding My iPhone: iCloud can help protect all your Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and even your AirPods from being stolen or lost.
- iCloud Storage: As you create an account on iCloud, you get a free 5GB of storage free for all your documents, photos, etc. This can be upgraded with the variety of plans which are made available by Apple.
- iCloud Photos: Your iCloud account will help you to store all your photos and videos safely and keep them up to date in all the devices.
Here are the steps of accessing all your files and documents from iCloud on iPhone 7:
- Before you access your iCloud account, make sure that your device is set to the latest version of iOS. For that, go to Settings>General>Software Update. This will help you make sure that your device is updated to the latest version.
- Now if you already have your Apple ID set up, you can log in using that ID. While you sign in, iCloud is turned on automatically.
- Then you can go to your iCloud settings by tapping on your name. You can choose the settings for various apps, such as Calendars, Contacts, Photos, Mail, Calendars, etc.
For Accessing The Photos From iCloud:
There isn’t a single app from which you can access all your files which have been backed up. You need to open an app individually to check whether your data has been backed up or not in the iCloud.
Here we shall provide you with the steps to access your photos from iCloud :
- Go to the Settings page and tap on the button with your name.
- From the options available, click on iCloud
- Then there shall be the list of apps that you can access using iCloud. Tap on photos. Then your photos shall begin to automatically back up.
- Then returning to your home screen, go to the Photos app.
- In Photos, click on iCloud.
If you would like to upload your photos from the past 30 days and view them through photostream, tap on My Photo Stream.
If you want to share your album with other people or subscribe to other people’s shared albums, tap on Shared Albums.
You can also choose the resolution of the photos you would like to store in iCloud:
There are two options:
i) Optimize iPhone Storage: This option is suitable when your device is low on storage. Here the full resolution images and videos are replaced with smaller versions. The original file formats shall be stored in iCloud.
ii) Get and Keep Originals: In this, all the photos and videos shall be stored in their normal sizes.
You can also access all your documents from iCloud Drive.
- From the bottom dock of your Home Screen, open Photos and Files.
- When you upload an image from another device it will appear on your Photos on your iPhone or iPad.
When you upload an image from your iPhone or iPad, it will sync and get uploaded in all your devices with your iCloud account signed in. Similarly, whenever you upload any new document, it will automatically sync in the new Files app (for iOS 11) and can be accessed from any device. The Files app has now been modified to add third-party apps, so all your files from Dropbox Onedrive, Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat can be uploaded and stored at one place safely.