Apple’s iCloud is an alternative to Google Drive and other cloud computing services that enable its users to automatically upload and access all their photos, videos, calendars, contacts, etc. across all their devices. If you are using Macbook and want to know the steps about How To Access iCloud From Macbook, then you have come to the right place. Through this article, we shall be discussing how can you access all your files, photos, videos, etc. from your iCloud through your Macbook.
- iCloud for Android
- iCloud for Business
- How to create iCloud Account
- iCloud family sharing
- How to access iCloud
- How to access iCloud from Macbook
- How to access contacts through iCloud
- How to reset iCloud Password
- How to reset iCloud Account
- How to upload files to iCloud drive
- How To create apple id for child
Before sharing the steps to access iCloud from Macbook, here are the quick steps to set up iCloud on Macbook:-
- Before setting up your iCloud account, you must make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements.
- To check for any system updates, click on the Apple menu at the top and go to the App Store.
- Go to System Preferences>iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID. As soon as you sign in your iCloud account shall be turned on automatically.
Steps For Accessing iCloud From Macbook:
1) From The Web:-
- Go to your browser and type iCloud.com.
- Now login to your iCloud account. It is your Apple ID email address and password.
3. Once you have signed in with your iCloud account, the menu will show all the apps which have access to iCloud accounts, such as Calendar, Mail, Contacts. Notes, Reminders, etc.
4. From there you can click on any of the apps to check whether all your photos, videos, documents, etc. have been synced to the device and access them from any device such as iPhone, iPad, Windows PC, etc.
Note:- You can enable the “Find My Phone” feature. This will show the GPS location of your device and you can also enable your phone to ring in order to trace it. In case you think your phone or any of the device has been stolen, you can also remotely wipe off the data to secure all your confidential data.
Here we have shared a video which shall explain you the steps to access iCloud from the web:
2) From Macbook:-
- Go to Finder>System Preferences.
2. On the menu, go to the Internet & Wireless>iCloud. Click on it.
Note: Your computer must be updated to the latest iOS software for the smooth functioning of iCloud.
3. You’ll see a list of apps and services which have access to iCloud, such as Mail & Notes, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, etc.
4. From the list, you can click on the checkboxes to stop or enable any particular app from synchronizing with iCloud.
5. Although you cannot back up the entire data of your Mac to iCloud, there is an option to use third-party apps or external drives for the purpose.
To make the procedure more clear, you can watch this video provided below:
We hope you could sign in and access your iCloud account from your Macbook or Mac from this how-to guide. If you have any queries or suggestions with us, please let us know in the comment section and we shall get back to you as soon as possible!